Here are the answers to Bees Quiz 1
If you want to see the questions, view the Quiz 1
(note, you can read more by clicking on the links provided - each link will open up a new page).
1. How many eyes does a bee have?
A bee has 5 eyes: 3 simple eyes on top of its head, and 2 compound eyes, with numerous hexagonal facets.
2. How many honey bees would you find in a typical healthy colony during the active summer season?
Find more information about honey bees and the honey bee colony.
3. All of these flowers are useful for bees apart from one. Which is it?
The Busy Lizzy offers little value for bees. Read more about beneficial bee plants.
4. What are the members of the honey bee colony?
Learn more honey bees.
5. How many pairs of wings does a bee have?
Read about bee anatomy.
6. Which of these is NOT a real species of bee?:
All of the others were types of solitary bee, apart from the 'Black-kneed bee' - which I made up! Learn more about some of the different types of bees.
7. For how long can a queen honey bee live (assuming she is not killed by predators, and does not catch diseases).
She's an amazing little creature. Learn more about the honey bee queen.
8. How many types of bees are there in the whole world?
Want to know more, and learn about 'bee-families'? See my page about the different types of bees.
9. Which of these foods is not pollinated by bees?:
10. Which solitary bee cuts neat little holes from leaves, with which it constructs the egg cells for its nest? (note – this causes no harm to the plant):
Discover more about the enchanting little leafcutter bee
11. Which of these is not made by honey bees:
12. What do bees collect from flowers?
Find out how plants are adapted to attract bees and other pollinators from my page about flower pollination.
13. How much honey can a single honey bee make in its life time?
Honey is precious! I feel very strongly that honey should never be classified as a low-priced, low value commodity - so much goes into producing every jar! Find out more about how honey bees make honey.
14. Which of these tips will NOT help bees?
Take a look at my top 10 tips to save the bees!
15. What type of bee is this??
Read about bumble bees.
Bees Quiz 2
Want to try a harder bees quiz? Try this one!
COPYRIGHT 2010 - 2022: WWW.BUZZABOUTBEES.NET
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.