Recipes Using Honey
Updated: 28th January 2021
Here are links to recipes using honey, including cakes, glazes,
dressings, and even variations of honey butter. Some of these recipes
are classics, some have ‘a twist’.
Below you will also find links to
other types of recipes using honey, such as for dieting and natural remedies.
Honey Recipes For Dressings, Cooking And Baking
Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe
A number of different dressings to try using honey and mustard. This
page also includes some other recipes for dressings, including honey
garlic dressings, and even a dressing using honey, lemon and yoghurt.
Honey Glaze Recipes
All different kinds of recipes using honey to make the ideal glaze.
Some classic recipes, including honey mustard glaze, but you may also
like to try adding citrus fruits or soy sauce. Would you like to
experiment with alternatives to honey, such as maple syrup or apricot
jelly? Recipes are included on this page.
Fancy trying a few recipes using a spoon or two of honey?
Honey Baked Ham
Including variations! Also, how is Hickory Ham different to Honey Baked Ham?
Honey Baked Chicken
Along with a variety of ideas for different glazes suitable for use with chicken.
Honey Butter Recipes
Choose from a range of recipes using honey to make a rich butter to
spread on tea breads or even toast. As usual, you will find a classic
recipe, along with options to include oranges, walnuts, cinnamon,
spices, rum or brandy, vanilla and almonds.
Honey Cake Recipes
A couple of recipes to try, including a Polish Honey Cake Recipe and a
Spiced Honey Cake Recipe. There are also suggestions for alternatives
to using honey if you find you run out!
Banana And Honey Teabread
Try it with a selection of toppings
An very old, alcoholic honey drink. Information and mead and how it is made.
Bee's Knees Cocktail
The origins of this famous gin drink, and a recipe.
If you run out of honey, what else can you use? Some ideas on my page about honey substitutes.
- Health Benefits of Honey A summary of the health claims and research around honey for healing wounds and burns, nutritional benefits, plus home remedies.
- Honey Nutrition A breakdown of the nutrient values of honey, with links to further information about its health benefits, energy values and more!
- Honey And Diabetes Is It Good To Eat Honey If You Are Diabetic?
- Honey For Burns - Is there clinical evidence to support its use? A look at a review of 26 clinical papers examining the use of honey to treat over 3000 patients with burns
- Honey For Cold Sores (Herpes) Given that honey has been used in wound healing and burn treatment, can honey be used for herpes?
- Does Honey Increase Blood Sugar Levels? What is the GI of honey? Whilst honey is made by honey bees, nevertheless, it is primarily comprised of different sugars.
- Is Honey Bad For Your Teeth? A balanced overview: effects of honey on tooth enamel and general oral health, and potential to cause or prevent cavities, with reference to scientific studies.
- Are Bees Killed For Honey? This question may be of concern not only to vegans, but also, anyone concerned about the welfare of honey bees.
- Why Babies Can't Have Honey: Honey And Infant Botulism Why babies under 12 months old can't have honey (even if cooked). How and why honey can cause infant botulism. When is it okay to give a child honey?
- Honey And Eczema Is there any clinical evidence to support the use of honey for treating eczema (atopic dermatitis)? A summary of a number of clinical papers.
COPYRIGHT 2010 - 2023: WWW.BUZZABOUTBEES.NET
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.