Honey Baked Chicken Recipe
This honey baked chicken
recipe is simple to make - but there are some alternatives below using other ingredients if you are feeling adventurous and find you would rather save your honey for the pancakes.
This recipe can be served hot or cold. Serve with salad and new potatoes, or how about roasted vegetable cous cous?
You could also take the glazed chicken pieces on a picnic.
For this honey glazed chicken recipe, you will need:
- Chicken pieces, such as free range chicken breasts. You could also use drumsticks.
For the chicken honey glaze:
- 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Dash of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Coarse ground salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Mix together the ingredients for the glaze.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in a piece of foil, in a roasting
- Cover the chicken pieces in the glaze.
- Wrap the chicken pieces loosely in the foil.
- For the cooking time, this will depend on the size of the
chicken pieces, however, the chicken will require some time to cook uncovered,
to enable the pieces of chicken to brown.
Allow about 15 minutes. If the
chicken pieces are small, cook in foil, but uncovered. Baste the chicken frequently.
Tip: keep an eye on the chicken! All ovens are different - be sure not to let it burn!
As an alternative to this honey baked chicken recipe, you
might like to try:
Not enough honey in the food cupboard? Instead of honey glazed chicken, how about using zingy
Chicken With Treacle glaze
For the glaze: Mix together 1 tbsp treacle, 1 tablespoon
maple syrup, 1 dash olive oil, juice of half an orange, coarse ground salt and
pepper to season.
Lime Marmalade Chicken Glaze
For the glaze, combine:
- 2 tablespoons of lime marmalade
- Juice of half an orange
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
These ingredients can be heated quickly in a pan, and poured
over stir fried chicken dishes, perhaps served with salad leaves, avocado and new potatoes.
Red wine and Garlic glaze:
For the glaze, mix together:
3 cloves garlic, 1 tablespoon red wine, 2 teaspoons soy
sauce, dash olive oil, 1 teaspoon mixed herbs.
Coarse Spiced Chicken Glaze
For the chicken glaze, mix together:
- 1 teaspoon each of paprika, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, coriander
seeds, black peppercorns.
- 1 quarter teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Honey Glazed Ham Recipes:
The classic recipe and more
Why might honey crystallize,
and is it still okay to eat it?
COPYRIGHT 2010 - 2021: WWW.BUZZABOUTBEES.NET
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.