Here are the answers to the Bees Quiz. If you'd like to read more about the answers, click on the links (please note, clicking on the links will open a new window).
1. Which of these statements is true of the ‘Cuckoo Bumble bee’?:
c) Cuckoo bumble bees behave in ways similar to the cuckoo bird – that is, they lay their eggs in the nests of other bumble bees.
Yes, it's true, cuckoo bumble bees lay their eggs in the nests of other bumble bees! As for Bombus cuckularis, I made it up! Learn more about cuckoo bumble bees.
2. For what reason do honey bees make honey?
Learn more about why honey bees make honey.
3. Which of these is not made by honey bees:
b) Cactus honey
Read about cactus honey.
4. The tendency of some species to make a home and live commensally with others is called....
5. Which of these is the odd one out:
The others all include a food item pollinated by insects (raspberry, pea and blueberry).
6. Bees are thought to be a descendent of which of these invertebrates:
Read more on the page 'Are bees and wasps related'?
Read about the importance of invertebrates.
7. Bees belong to which insect order?
See this fun page to learn more about hymenoptera.
8. Which important function do bees perform in the eco-system?
9. Which of these bees is a cleptoparasite?
a) Gooden's nomad bee
(Note - there is no such thing as the Clepto-black-winged bee!)
Read about Nomada bees.
10. How many times per second do bumble bees beat their wings?
Watch this wonderful short video clip: The Flight Of The Bumble bee.
Take another quiz! - Bees Quiz 1
If you found this bees quiz difficult, why not try this one?
COPYRIGHT 2010 - 2021: WWW.BUZZABOUTBEES.NET
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.